Monday, April 03, 2006

Retro Moment

It is amazing to me how many events happen in my local aea that I never know about until after the fact. For instance, last year during World Environment Day in San Francisco, there was a display of the scrap house, which I never heard of. FortunateIy it has been featured in the Jan-Feb '06 issue of Utne Magazine.

There is a web site I encourage you to visit at scraphouse .org. Be sure and have your sound on to enjoy the description of materials they used and the cost of what they did. The structure is now gone, but it is written up because there is now a permanent version being built in Seattle, so you can have a chance to view it first hand when you are in that area.

This is a good reminder to all of us to reuse as well as recycle whenever we can, and of course , consume less for the good of the planet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home