Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Housework Moment

So, you say you don't like to do housework? Well, some times I agree. Actually I agree a lot, especially when there are other things I would rather do. I would much rather read a good book, for instance.

That said, I found out about a study done by Janet P. Wallace, Ph.D.which was written up in the Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise magazine. The participants, all with high blood pressure, did routine chores such as mowing the lawn, gardening and housecleaning. They lowered their blood pressure for six to eight hours.

Wallace recommends activities that are moderately intense and require the use of several body parts such as raking leaves, vacuuming or climbing stairs to put away laundry. She says try to keep busy for 30 to 40 miinutes a day. Short bouts of activity will really add up to a healthier heart.

Let's go to a healthier, happier heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home